National Oilwell Varco Traveling Blocks From Dreco™, National™, and Ideco™ include the largest sizes in the drilling industry.
For Questions Contact:
Land Rig Solutions
10000 Richmond Avenue
Houston, TX 77042
NOV understands time means money. Use the Direct Connect email link above and we will respond within 24 hours. If we can't answer your question, we will direct you to an NOV expert. If you are in a rig down situation, contact 24/7 technical support at 281 569 3050.
- National Oilwell Varco designs and produces the highest quality and field proven traveling blocks from proven brand names, including Ideco, Dreco, and National.
- NOV Traveling Blocks are available in multiple weight sizes and load ratings to fit your drilling operation's requirements.
- Dreco Traveling Blocks include the largest sizes used in the drilling industry. Dreco API sheaves, with hardened grooves, are independently mounted on tapered roller bearings. Additionally, Dreco traveling blocks can be furnished unitized with a hook to provide a short, compact design.
- National Type H traveling blocks are offered with five sheave sizes and five load ratings. The sheaves are independently mounted on double-row tapered bearings which minimize friction. Flame-hardened rope grooves in the sheaves are machined in accordance with API recommendations and each sheave is a one-piece steel casting assuring longer sheave life and elimination of rim cracks.
- Heavy steel fabricated main frame
- Heavy wireline guards
- Steel sheaves with flame hardened API wireline grooves
- Tapered roller bearings in sheaves
- Oil quenched and tempered alloy steel pin with individual grease passages to each center pin bearing
- High strength steel becket
- Designed to API Standard 8A
DRECO Traveling Block Specifications
# of Sheaves
|424SHB-100||110.3 ton (100 mT)||4 ||5,700 lb (2,586 kg)|
|436TB-150||150 ton (136.1 mT)||4||6,000 lb (2,722 kg)|
|536TB-250||250 ton (226.8 mT)||5||6,450 lb (2,926 kg)|
|542TB-350||350 ton (317.5 mT)||5||8,575 lb (3,890 kg)|
|650TB-400||400 ton (362.9 mT)||6||13,525 lb (6,135 kg)|
|650TB-500||500 ton (453.6 mT)||6||15,725 lb(7,133 kg)|
|660TB-500||500 ton (453.6 mT)||6||17,000 lb (7,711 kG)|
|760TB-650||650 ton (589.7 mT)||7||20,250 lb (9,185 kg)|
|760TB-750||750 ton (680.4 mT)||7||21,500 lb (9,752 kg)|
|860TB-1000||1,000 ton (907.2 mT||8||33,325 lb (15,116 kg)|
|872TB-1250||1,250 ton (1,134 mT)||8||43,750 lb (19,845 kg)|