NOV Quality Tubing manufactures coiled tubing products to industry standards and customer specifications, delivering high quality, high performance tubing to the well-servicing industry. The process begins by designing the string in cooperation with the customer, and then manufacturing each individual string of tubing as specified. Parameters considered during the design process are grade, diameter and wall thickness requirements, as well as the weight restrictions, corrosion and pressure concerns, and theoretical low cycle fatigue life.
During the manufacturing process, NOV Quality Tubing examines the bias welds with digital radiography and the entire tube body with eddy current inspection. NOV Quality Tubing then tests the tubing with hydrostatic pressure and verifies the inner-diameter clearance with a gauge ball. In addition to this, other services may be agreed upon during the purchase of the tubing. These include, but are not be limited to features & benefits.
- Internal and/or External Corrosion Inhibition
- Positive-Pressure Nitrogen Blanket held within the String
- Wireline Insertion
- Fittings Welded onto the Ends of the Strings
- Certification Databook of the Production of the String
- Electronic String Record formatted for Customer Supplied Data Acquisition Systems
- Electromagnetic Inspection of 100% of the Pipe Body Wall
- Fatigue Testing of Samples from the String