NOV CTES NEWS
Extensive New Features Mark the Release of Cerberus™ Version 12.0 Software
|NOV CTES is pleased to announce the release of
Cerberus v12.0 modeling software!
Following are just a few of the enhancements
included in the new Cerberus v12.0:
- The String Design
Wizard now delivers a more user-friendly string-design interface. Users
now have the potential to design strings that are more suited for use in field
operations when compared to previous versions of Cerberus.
- The new Friction
Coefficient Analysis wizard is used to find the wellbore’s friction factors for
a given field dataset so that the predicted surface weights best fit the
data. Such obtained friction factors usually are called “apparent”
- Orpheus’ new Real
Time Force Monitor is able to acquire data from OrionNET™ data acquisition
software and to calculate weight on bit, stress and limits in real time.
The Force Monitor also includes utilities to provide real time information to
optimize plug milling and to analyze a plug milling operation post-job.
- A new “length”
field has been added to the Nipples panel in Well Editor to provide the user
better control over potentially significant fluid-flow effects when running
through restrictions defined in Well Editor.
- Cerberus now
offers SharePoint™ integration. Users with existing SharePoint access
may print a CTES PDF to their SharePoint server/location. Users with SharePoint
expertise can import/export items and projects from within Cerberus to
Contact the NOV CTES
Business Development team today for
further information or for a price quote: +1 936 777 6200; CTESSales@NOV.com.
NOV CTES Unveils New, Streamlined Features with OrionNET™ Version 2.5 Software
CTES is pleased to announce the release of OrionNET v2.5 software! Following
are just a few of the new features/capabilities.
applications are now touchscreen-friendly!
version 2.5 OrionNET user interface is redesigned to better differentiate
between the three types of functionalities: Acquisition, Viewer, and Reports.
- OrionNET’s new
simulators imitate the functioning of Orion™ hardware, so that users can better
understand the interaction of the OrionNET software and the Orion hardware. An
excellent training tool, the simulators provide access to all features of
OrionNET, including configuration, calibration, and diagnostics. Note that the
simulators have no interaction with the actual Orion hardware.
- The data-viewing
area is maximized, and users can quickly insert comments that have been
- A new Acquisition
menu is now available in the Viewer to make accessing Acquisition functions
- Users can now
undo/redo steps/actions within the Viewer.
- Generate reports
from the Viewer with a single click without launching the Reports application.
- Create customized
reports to meet your company’s specific reporting needs. Now available is the
ability to print multiple ranges of OrionNET data.
- Divide large
Reports files into smaller segments for emailing and for restoring to a
- Merge multiple
OrionNET databases using only one step in OrionNET Reports.
advantage of the new OrionNET features today! Contact the NOV CTES Business
Development team for complete details or for a price quote.: +1 936 777 6200; CTESSales@NOV.com.
Experience Next Generation Wellsite Data Acquisition with the Orion™ V DAS from NOV CTES
NOV CTES is pleased to announce the availability of the Orion V Data Acquisition System – the next generation in the line of NOV CTES Data Acquisition System hardware.
Here are just a few of the features that make the Orion V a leader in the arena of wellsite data acquisition:
- Easy-to-view onboard diagnostics: Indicator lights visible through the Orion V's front viewing pane allow users to quickly assess the unit's operational status without opening the NEMA 4X enclosure.
- Both the OrionNET™ data acquisition software and ROVer™ (Remote Orion Viewer) HMI receive and display the Orion V diagnostic messages.
- Small footprint. While more powerful, the Orion V has a twenty-five percent reduction in size compared to prior systems.
- The Orion V Electronic Memory Unit (EMU) is now housed inside the controller and has been expanded to 10 times the previous capacity.
- The Orion V seamlessly interfaces with the industry's leading modeling software, Cerberus from NOV CTES.
For additional information, or to receive a quote, contact the NOV CTES Business Development team:
Phone: +1 936 777 6200
NOV CTES is pleased to announce its newest offering in slickline fatigue-tracking and fatigue-life calculation technology, the OrionSL LifeSaver™ (LifeSaver) data acquisition system
The LifeSaver acquires, records, and displays slickline operational data, while estimating fatigue along the length of a slickline. The LifeSaver's objectives include:
- helping to avoid costly field failures, and
- optimizing the slickline replacement schedule
For more information about the LifeSaver's unique slickline-operation benefits, click here.
Now Available from NOV CTES: a unique CT wall-thickness measuring device – the Argus TubeSpec™
The Argus TubeSpec measures wall thickness along the CT string in the field environment by providing:
- continuous, accurate, localized wall-thickness measurements using 12 ultrasonic probes
- continuous diameter measurements
For additional information, click here.
Software Updates and Enhancements
Click here to view Cerberus and Orion enhancements and release-note histories.
|Papers and Articles
Available online: papers and articles authored by NOV CTES personnel.
NOV CTES Driving Directions
- From Houston, TX, follow I-45 North to Conroe, TX (~ 45 miles).
- From I-45, take Exit 89 at FM 3083 (Teas Nursery Road) and turn right (east) on FM 3083 (Teas Nursery Road).
- Travel east on FM 3083 (Teas Nursery Road) to Pollok Drive.
- On Pollok Drive, turn left (north).
- Continue north on Pollok Drive to the end of the road.
- NOV CTES is located on the right side (east side) at 3770 Pollok Drive, Conroe, Texas 77303.
- Please contact CTES at (936) 777-6200 if you have difficulty finding our office.