Creating and using an account for Drill String Specifications
Step by step instructions on how to create and use an account for Drill String performance software.
Registering a MyNOV Account
- Go to portal.mynov.com and create and account by clicking ACCOUNT REGISTRATION.
- Shortly, you should receive an email to verify your email address. Go back to portal.mynov.com, click SIGN IN, click MYNOV, and enter you username and password.
- You are now logged into MyNOV.
Requesting Access to Grant Prideco Software
- Once logged into MyNOV, click the APPLICATIONS.
- Navigate through the list of available NOV applications until you find NOV Grant Prideco Drill String Specifications. Click REQUEST ACCESS.
- Your application will be reviewed. Subject to approval, you should receive an email indicating a successful software access request.
- To access the software, click ACCOUNT DETAILS. Drill String Specifications should appear under Application Groups.
Using the Software
- First, select the "Product Type" you want to configure (e.g. Drill Pipe, Drill Collar, etc.).
- Select the "Configurator" on the left margin. This will bring up the page where you can input all relevant values of the configuration.
- Click the "Performance Sheet" output on the left margin. This will load a PDF which you can save or print via your preferred online PDF viewer.
If you have any questions, contact Grant Prideco at http://www.nov.com/grantprideco/CustomerFeedback.aspx
For the first time, the same software NOV GrantPrideco engineers use to generate drill string specs will be at your fingertips.
The new format drill string specifications provide a holistic approach to rating drill string components.
These specs present the torsional and tensile operational envelope for an entire joint of drill pipe.
Traditionally this information was provided separately for the connection and the pipe body.
It was left to the end user to correctly determine the limiting factors, leaving room for misinterpretation.
Along with being easier to interpret, our performance sheets provide additional information (elevator capacity, slip crushing capacity, and much more).
With the online software you can generate performance sheets for any percentage of pipe body you need.
You can base your specs on the percent pipe body you are inspecting to and the combined loading numbers will be provided.
The same easy to understand format is presented for all our products (drill pipe, heavy weight drill pipe, drill collars, subs, etc.). Enjoy.