XL Systems provides both integral and weld-on connectors in sizes ranging from 16 to 72 in. in diameter. Oil and gas applications include conductor strings, surface casing, liners, and caissons.
XL Systems is the sole provider of wedge thread technology for large-bore pipe. Integral threads—those machined directly into the pipe body—provide the advantage of a true flush OD and ID.
We offer the following integral, wedge thread connectors:
- XLF connectors – ideal for slimhole surface casing and liner strings where connector sealability is critical
- XLC-S connectors – designed for strings where greater structural strength and fatigue performance are required
In addition, we supply connector products in which the threads are machined on high-strength forging material and then welded to pipe.
Product offerings include:
- Scorpion™ connectors – The latest in our compact class of connectors, the Scorpion provides robust strength and proven sealability in deep onshore wells and shallow-water offshore wells.
- XLW connectors – A unique hybrid with a weld-on box and integral pin threads, combining the integrity of an integral wedge thread connector with the strength of a weld-on connector.
- XLW-GT connectors – Using the same wedge threadform as XLW, the XLW-GT connection design includes an optimized, gas-tight, internal metal seal machined on pin and box forgings.
- Viper™ connectors – Viper is a high-fatigue, fast makeup connector with a robust design suitable for the most demanding offshore applications.