ESG | Social
We strongly believe that safeguarding and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion; talent recruitment, development, and retention; employee engagement and empowerment; workforce health and safety; and positive impacts in the communities where we live and work enables our continued success as an organization.
Achievements to Date
- Global Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DE&I) statement from the CEO that describes how we intend to maintain a diverse workforce, equal opportunities, and individual inclusion across our global organization.
- 2 of 10 Directors on Board are women and 2 identify as racially diverse
- Created a role to drive the company’s strategy for improving in DE&I practices and ensure we are making progress on these commitments.
- Across our global workforce, women represent 15% of all employees, 22% of salaried employees, 20% of the C-Suite, and 20% of the Company’s Directors.
- In 2020, 47% of our U.S. workforce identified as a member of a minority group.
- Introduced a formal Flexible Workplace Arrangement to U.S. employees.
- Introduced an Employee Assistance Program in countries with the largest employee presence to offer resources and support for challenges.
Achievements to Date
- Completed 172 NOV globally standardized Health, Safety and Environmental Management audits in addition to local facility-level audits.
- Installed In-Vehicle Monitoring Systems on 90% of company vehicles to help reduce driving-related risks and liability.
- Continued to lower Lost Time Incidence Rate (LTIR) for 4th year in a row.
- Partnered with the Oil & Gas Trafficking Awareness Group to call attention to how, as an industry, we can management and mitigate modern slavery and human trafficking risks across the supply chain.
- Continued to expand monetary and in-kind donations, including employee volunteer hours, to make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live, especially around education, poverty, children and human rights.
Goals Going Forward
- Identify opportunities for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion and educate our employees on related principles, policies, and practices, relevant to their roles and responsibilities, to drive change across all levels of the organization.
- Explore and develop new ways to attract, develop, and retain a demographically broad range of talent.
- Be more intentional and conscious of the potential for improper bias during the hiring, promotion, or evaluating process to provide equal opportunities.
- Monitor our progress in these areas, creating metrics and feedback mechanisms to maintain organizational awareness and attention while also identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluate opportunities for longer-term flexible workplace arrangements globally, recognizing the benefits flexibility can provide.
- Introduce a global solution that provides every NOV employee, regardless of location, access to similar resources when they require emotional and mental support.
- Introduce a new Flexible Holiday benefit to US employees allowing more flexibility to observe the cultural and religious dates most meaningful to them.
- Make internal development and mobility a priority.