To accommodate extra-long tubing strings, the maximum rated payload capacity has been increased 10% to 110,000 lb compared to current tubing reels.
Our 24K tubing reel is a medium-capacity tubing reel designed to be skid- or trailer-mounted and is an upgrade to current reels. Ideally suited for all grades of 2-in. tubing, the 24K tubing reel is also capable of running some 2⅜-in. tubing.
Our high-strength double-tapered spoke design is 25% stronger and 15% stiffer than conventional tubing reels, which decreases flange flex. This extra strength is achieved without increasing weight. As a result, the 24K tubing reel is a stronger and more capable reel with lasting performance. Powering the 24K tubing reel is a patent-pending and purpose-built direct-drive gearbox. With a maximum drive torque of 24,000 ft-lb and a maximum speed of 13 rpm, operators can be confident in getting the job done. Wireline options that previously required a chain drive can be realized with the performance and reliability of a direct drive. The patent-pending hybrid planetary offsets the motor and allows for a collector port for wireline on the drive side. The port can optionally allow for remote hydraulic operation of the spool safety valve.
Keeping operator efficiency in mind, we incorporated the levelwind quick-change ratio cartridges that are standard on the drop-in-drum (DID) tubing reels as an option. The levelwind quick-change ratio cartridges allow easy levelwind ratio timing when swapping from one pipe size to the next. Greater efficiencies on location and back at the yard drive operators and Hydra Rig into the next generation.
- Decreased flange flex due to high-strength, double-tapered spoke design
- Accommodates extra-long strings with increased payload of 110,000 lb
- Direct-drive gearbox allows for a maximum drive torque of 24,000 ft-lb and maximum speed of 13 rpm
- Patent-pending hybrid planetary offsets motor and allows for a collector port for wireline on drive side and optionally allows for remote hydraulic operation of spool safety valve
- Levelwind quick-change ratio cartridges allow easy levelwind ratio timing when swapping sizes