AX Screening System
Designed for use on the AX shaker fleet
Design excellence and unrivaled versatility
The Axiom Process screening system focuses on three product offerings that are provided to give you choice and flexibility to meet a wide range of drilling challenges.
Primary Triple-Fine screens
Triple-Fine screens were developed to help alleviate the problem of near-size particle blinding. This screen is made up of two layers of ultra-fine mesh supported by a coarser mesh backing cloth.
- Layered screens are less susceptible to near-sized plugging. This is due to the interaction of all three layers of mesh, which reduces the likelihood of particles remaining lodged in the apertures.
- Screen life is increased over a two-mesh configuration through improved transportation, which is affected by the interaction between the top and intermediate layers of mesh.
The Single-Layer (SL) screen is generally used for the scalping (top) deck of the shaker. Unlike other shakers in the marketplace, the top deck of Axiom Shakers enables the use of the same small, lightweight, user-friendly screens as the primary decks. The SL screen is therefore designed to be the same size and have the same operability as the other AX Screening System screens.
Primary Triple-Coarse screens
Axiom has pioneered the use of our Triple-Coarse screen format. This is a three-layer screen very similar to the Triple Fine screen but employing a thicker wire diameter.
- The benefits of three-layered construction (less susceptible to blinding) are delivered.
- The heavier wire cloth delivers increased life for the very fine meshes. Axiom can deploy these screens on the AX-1 more readily than competitors due to the increased unit capacity of the AX-1.
- API RP13C – Fully compliant
- Weight – Promotes ease of handling, reduced costs of transportation, and inter-rig moves. Screen weighs 4.5 kg and can be carried by one person without compromising safety.
- Size – Screen is universal to all AX-1 decks and is reversible to offer extended life.
- Repairable – Uses proprietary locking plugs (no more losing them down the flowline or epoxy resin or sealant).
- Access – Reduced screen length enables installation in restricted space areas.
- Hook system – Each screen extracts the next. No more poking around with long tools to extract the rear screens.
- Additional benefits – Improved HSE considerations and longer life. Full repairability and lower screening costs per meter. Improved solids control means significantly lower drilling fluids cost per meter.
AX Screening System Specifications
|Separation API Number
|AX SL Shaker Screen API-10
|AX SL Shaker Screen API-20
|AX SL Shaker Screen API-30
|AX SL Shaker Screen API-40
|AX SL Shaker Screen API-60
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-70
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-80
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-100
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-120
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-140
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-140
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-170
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-200
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-230
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-270
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-325
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-400
|AX TF Shaker Screen API-425
|AX TC Shaker Screen API-100
|AX TC Shaker Screen API-120
|AX TC Shaker Screen API-140
|AX TC Shaker Screen API-200
BRANDT Swarf Screening System
Designed to address a problem faced by many rigs, our swarf screen system eliminates milled swarf clogging and premature damaging of shaker screens.
Ancillary Electrical Distribution Equipment (Australia/Pacific)
Portable Power offers a complete range of electrical distribution equipment to complement the generators.
AX-1 Shale Shaker
Representing the next generation of solids/liquids separation, the BRANDT AX-1 shale shaker offers exceptional throughput capacity and solids separation efficiency.