The Bowen™ reverse-circulation junk basket retrieves all types of small junk objects in wellbores using reverse circulation, eliminating misruns of other downhole tools. A drain through the tool eliminates the possibility of pulling a wet string. You may convert the tool into an effective fishing magnet and still retain the reverse-circulation feature.
- A lifting sub provides ease of handling and includes a storage space for the steel ball used in the operation of the tool
- Use of a steel ball diverts the flow and creates a Venturi effect, which forces junk up through the bottom of the tool
- May be converted into a fishing magnet by replacing the catcher with the Bowen magnet insert
- A variety of shoes is available, allowing the tool to be tailored per operation
- Retrieves all types of small, irregularly shaped junk objects within the wellbore (bit cones, slips, chains, etc.)
- Effective in both cased and openhole operations
- Effective in both vertical and horizontal operations