Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
The Bowen™ Ultra CT jar is a bidirectional hydraulic CT jarring assembly designed to operate in conjunction with the coiled tubing jar intensifier. This jar’s unique design allows for easy, dependable, and hard-hitting operation, with no setting or adjustment required before going in the hole or during operation. The assembly allows the operator to easily control the intensity of jarring impacts by varying the applied load. The jar can deliver a wide range of impacts, from low to very high impact and impulse forces. The new patent-pending technology within the assembly allows the tool to deliver higher impacts.
To complement the new Ultra CT jar, our jar placement program provides impacts at the stuck point for service companies and operators to use.
The CT jar placement program:
- Impacts at the stuck point, not just the jar
- Allows the service company to optimize the bottomhole assembly (BHA) to deliver the hardest impact and impulse
- Considers configuration and length of fish, hole profile, friction, mud weight effects, CT size, etc.
- Is designed only for NOV tools; all calculations and results are based on NOV tools
- Full hydraulic operation
- Variable impact control
- A series of impacts applied without having to apply the reverse jarring cycle
Jar Placement Program Technical Support
We want to make sure you get the help you need. That's why we offer free technical support on our jar program and tools, including running jar impact calculations for you.
Contact us anytime via our 24/7 hotline at 1.888.DHT.TOOL.