Versatile, robust means of conducting an annular stimulation through Bulldog frac sleeves
The Bulldog™ frac sleeve is activated using our proprietary Bulldog frac BHA, which allows operators to locate, shift open, isolate, and stimulate each stage with the help of a multiset packer. Bulldog frac sleeve has a full bore and includes a large flow area, which allows operators to remove choke points for their production while maximizing stimulation flow rates.
Bulldog single-open (SO) frac sleeve
We developed the Bulldog frac single-open (SO) sleeves from our successful North Sea i-Valve™ technology, which features a mechanical-shift, single-open sleeve designed explicitly for horizontal multistage land applications. The Bulldog frac sleeve is activated using the proprietary Bulldog frac bottom-hole assembly (BHA), which allows operators to locate, shift open, isolate, and stimulate each stage with the help of a multiset packer. Pumping down the coiled tubing annulus permits higher pumping rates and allows for a better understanding of fracture geometry and dynamics.
The Bulldog frac sleeve is compact, light, and easy to handle, which improves makeup times and reduces safety risks.
Bulldog multi-open/close sleeve
The Bulldog frac multi-open/close (MOC) sleeve technology features a mechanical shift and multiple open-and-close sleeves designed explicitly for horizontal multistage completions. This Bulldog frac sleeve is activated using our proprietary, coiled-tubing-deployed Bulldog frac BHA, which allows operators to locate, shift open, and stimulate each isolated stage. The sleeve, along with the BHA design, allows for flexibility with fracturing operations. Treatments can be performed as "open-frac-close" or "open-frac." The MOC feature permits closing sleeves later, should well conditions dictate.
Bulldog dual-shift frac sleeve
Our Bulldog dual-shift (DS) frac sleeve technology features a mechanical shift, multiple-open-and-close sleeve designed explicitly for extended-reach horizontal multistage completions. In most extended horizontal applications, a sufficient downward force is limited. The Bulldog DS frac sleeve requires only upward movement to open and close, providing a reliable means of stimulation.
It is activated using our proprietary coiled-tubing-deployed Bulldog frac BHA, which enables operators to locate, shift open, and stimulate each isolated stage. The Bulldog frac BHA uses the proven i-Shift™ hydraulic shifting tool to engage each sleeve profile independently, preventing inadvertent closing of the sleeve. The unique design allows for future refracturing operations as required.
Bulldog annular frac-shifting BHA
The Bulldog frac BHA is bred from offshore heritage, using the field-proven locating and shifting capability of the i-Shift, teamed with our best-in-class coiled tubing straddle frac and abrasive jet components. The payoff is a modular, robust, and reliable means of conducting cost-effective annular frac stimulations. The Bulldog frac BHA is designed specifically for all land-based operations.
Bulldog ball-drop multi-open/close (BD MOC) sleeve
The Bulldog ball-drop multi-open/close (BD MOC) sleeve is a ball-drop activated multistage frac system featuring a mechanical shift, multiple-open and close sleeve designed for horizontal completions. Multiple sleeves can be installed in the completion string, with each sleeve opened with a specific size ball pumped from the surface. The multi-open-close feature permits opening or closing sleeves after the millout of the ball seat should well conditions dictate.
The Bulldog BD MOC is an integrated part of the production casing or liner and can be used in both cemented and uncemented applications.
- Each sleeve provides accurate depth location during the shifting operations
- Field-proven i-Valve shifting profiles and seal
- Full-bore body design
- Compact, lightweight, and robust
- Fully compatible with cemented and open-hole completions
- Separate profiles for opening and closing using only upward movement
- Multi-open-close functionality through mechanical shifting tools
- Can be Ball-drop operated with Drillable cast iron ball seats for easy millout
- Ability to be closed and opened multiple times after millout of the ball seat
- Compatible with dissolvable ball technology
- BHA features a proven packer system designed to withstand up to 69,000 kPa (10,000 psi) differential, an integral abrasive perforating tool with ceramic nozzles, and an active sleeve-locating system
- BHA includes two memory gauges (located above and below the packer) and its slim design improves clearances over the industry standard
- BHA’s modular concept allows compatibility with all Bulldog frac sleeves
- Boron-carbide equalizing valve on the Bulldog BHA outperforms industry-standard elastomeric seal designs
- Increased pumping efficiency and rate with a slim design
- No stage count limitations
- Full-bore design ensures no choking of production
- Abrasive perforation contingency allows for "on-the-fly" increase to the number of stimulated intervals
- Uses the dead leg for fracture diagnostics
- Ability to pump down coiled tubing to mitigate an impending screen out
- Safer, simpler, and more efficient handling on the rig floor
- No handling pup joints required
- Patented and field-proven sealing system offers full pressure testing of closed sleeves even after several years in service
- Closable sleeves give the option to perform future refracturing as required
- Flexibility in frac design - "open-frac-close/open-frac"
- Reliable shifting and active sleeve locating
- Extremely tolerant of high-rate abrasive fluids
- Completions requiring a reliable, single point of entry
- Formations with a high frequency of screen outs
- High stage count stimulation designs
- Wells requiring abrasive perforating
- Acid or proppant stimulations
- Extended-reach horizontal completions
Bulldog Frac Bottomhole Assembly (BHA) Data Sheet
Bulldog Frac Dual Shift DS Sleeve Data Sheet
Bulldog Frac Multi-Open/Close (MOC) Sleeve Data Sheet
Bulldog Frac Single Open SO Sleeve Data Sheet
Bulldog BD Multi-Open/Close (MOC) Sleeve Data Sheet
Bulldog Frac The Dirty Test Sand Endurance Test Flyer