The M/D Totco™ controlled vertical drift (CVD) indicator provides accurate drift information at frequent intervals, enabling increased drilling efficiency by maintaining a controlled vertical wellbore. Our CVD indicator offers intuitive use, enabling simple operation by any member of the rig crew. Easy-to-read charts provide ready access to hole inclination values, allowing the driller to see if the hole is being drilled vertically or if it is drifting. The indicator’s mechanical design, which eliminates ink and electrical equipment, ensures that readings can be acquired without the encumbrance of additional products.
- Strictly mechanical components; no ink or electrical equipment required
- Self-checking double recording ensures an accurate survey was taken
- Angle indication accuracy of ±0.25°
- Standard operating temperature: Up to 200 °F (93 °C)
- Hot-well operating temperature: Up to 500 °F (260 °C)
- 0–7°, 8°, 14°, 16°, 21°, 24°, and 90° instrument and chart options