Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
Maximizing efficiency, operation, safety, and maintenance
Our DG degassers efficiently and effectively remove gases from gas-cut mud. This ensures the proper mud weight is pumped downhole, aiding in the prevention of blowouts. In addition, the DG degasser improves the performance of surface mud systems and increases operational safety by removing most entrained gases in drilling fluids immediately downstream of the shakers and upstream of any centrifugal pumps. DG degassers are engineered and manufactured to provide years of reliable service.
DG degassers are skid-mounted, high-efficiency degassers with a Class I, Div. 1 starter and motor. The external JP-10 jet pump system pulls the gas-cut mud into the degasser and spreads it over the internal fiberglass dispersion plates (leaves) in thin layers, separating gas bubbles from the drilling mud. Liquid levels are regulated by float assembly to ensure the vessel maintains a safe operating capacity. A vacuum pump mounted on the skid or tank top then pulls the gas out of the degasser to be piped away for safe venting or flaring. The DG-10/12 NR-13 degasser also meets ASME requirements for pressure vessels and is stamped ASME “U.”
- Interior components coated with corrosion-resistant cold-tar epoxy for long part life with minimum maintenance
- Float-regulated liquid level in the degasser chamber ensures system will not overfill or run dry
- High-performance educator pulls mud into degasser, eliminating gas locking and allowing degassed mud to be discharged up to 20 ft (6 m) away, thus simplifying installation
- Vacuum pump located on each skid protects vacuum unit from damage and provides for simple maintenance
- Fail-safe secondary float and filler keeps mud from entering the vacuum pump
- Dispersion plates create thin sheets of gas-cut mud and bring entrained gas closer to the mud surface for easy removal
- Vertically mounted units enable installation in confined spaces
- These units process 500 gal/min (1892 L/min) and 1,000 gal/min (3785 L/min) or 1200 gal/min (4542 L/min) of mud, respectively.
- Certifications available upon request
- DG-10/12 units can be certified ABS, DNV, or NR-13
DG Series Degasser Specifications
*Centrifugal pump supplied by customer. Degasser performance dependent on feed rate to eductor. NOV also offers an atmospheric degasser upon request. Please contact your NOV representative for more details.
|Flow Rate (with water)||500 gal/min (1892 L/min)||1,000 gal/min (3785 L/min)||1,200 gal/min (4542 L/min)||1,000 gal/min (3785 L/min)|
|Length||54 in. (1372 mm)||67⅛ in. (1705 mm)||67⅛ in. (1705 mm)||73 7⁄16 in. (1865 mm)|
|Width||88 in. (2235 mm)||100 in. (2540 mm)||100 in. (2540 mm)||100¼ in. (2546 mm)|
|Height||62 in. (1575 mm)||77 11⁄16 in. (1973 mm)||77 11⁄16 in. (1973 mm)||73 9⁄16 in. (1868 mm)|
|Weight||2,390 lb (1085 kg)||3,300 lb (1497 kg)||3,300 lb (1497 kg)||4,440 lb (2014 kg)|
|Centrifugal pump requirements*||
|Vacuum pump motor power||5 hp (3.7 kW)||5 hp (3.7 kW)||5 hp (3.7 kW)||5 hp (3.7 kW)|
|Vacuum pump rating||8 to 15 in. (203 to 381 mm) of mercury|