Prime power servicing
Our Portable Power group understands the importance of having power where and when you need it. Our trade-qualified field technicians are available 24/7/365 to ensure you remain operational day and night. Our service and repair methods are designed to reduce downtime with the added advantage of our huge hire fleet being available in the event of catastrophic failure. We only use quality parts manufactured to the same standard as existing parts and retain a comprehensive store at all our branch locations. Our workshop support also allows us to carry out engine overhauls, alternator rewinds, and general servicing of your entire fleet.
Standby generator servicing
Whether for hospitals, data centers, or sporting stadiums, standby generators are designed to work hard instantly and on demand. Chances of failure increase the longer generators are left dormant. Over time, the quality of fuel and oils can deteriorate, and hoses and rubber seals can fail. Portable Power recommends that all standby generators are checked, started, and run every month to reduce failures and to catch any problems in a controlled environment. Portable Power can tailor a service package to coincide with your current operational requirements and your budget.
Recommended service packages include:
- Initial site inspection
- Routine start, run, and comprehensive check with report
- Routine mains-failure testing
- Replacing oil, air, fuel, and water filters
- Fuel, coolant, and oil analysis and replacement as required
- Load testing using Portable Power’s own mobile load banks
- Refueling as required
- Critical parts for your generator kept on shelf at your nearest branch
- 24/7/365 emergency breakdown service
Don't get caught in the dark. Start failures are often caused by automatic transfer switch faults.
Simulated mains-fail testing allows you to test your transfer system in a controlled environment and ensures that your generator will start automatically when needed. This test also includes a comprehensive check over your generator and a written report on completion. It may have been years since your last power outage. Is your transfer system still serviceable?
Portable Power maintains a comprehensive stock of spare parts for your generator in each of their stores located throughout Western Australia and Queensland. Specializing in Perkins and Cummins products, our spare parts team can assist you with all your requirements, including:
- Routine service packs including filters, belts, and oil analysis kits
- DSE and ComAp controllers
- Water pumps
- Automatic transfer switches
- 24/7/365 breakdown service
- Field technicians operating out of all branches: Perth, Kalgoorlie, and Karratha
- Scheduled servicing, load testing, mains-fail testing, refueling, and breakdowns
- Workshop repairs, overhauls, and rewinds
- Spare parts available from all branches
- Oil and gas
- Civil works