Drill pipe darts (DPD) separate the cement column in the drillstring and activate/release the wiper plugs. We offer a range of DPD to meet the requirements of your operations.
Solid-body latch collar and wiper dart
The solid-body dart latch collar is a field-proven assembly designed to positively lock our latch-down wiper dart. Elastomeric seals on the wiper dart nose seal within the latch collar assembly to provide pressure integrity from above and below, while a locking slip firmly locks the dart in place. A solid no-go ensures the dart cannot be pumped through the latch collar assembly when pressure is applied from above.
- Fully configurable wiper dart design
- Single-piece body with no potential leak paths
- Millable internal latch insert
- Positive locking mechanism
- Solid no-go design
- Wiper dart can be configured in a variety of ways to accommodate mono-bore casing, tapered strings, liners, and ball-drop sleeves.
- Locking mechanism prevents the dart from becoming unseated after the cementing operation to ensure the wellbore integrity remains intact.
Drill pipe dart with wiper ball
For the duo-wiper plug system, one drill pipe dart is pumped before and behind the cement column. With the single-wiper plug, only the drill pipe dart behind the cement column is used. Our sponge-ball drill pipe dart provides outstanding sealing properties in the drill pipe combined with optimal cleaning and wiping efficiencies across a range of sizes.
- Available for all drill pipe sizes
- One-size string or combined string
- Available with lock feature
Solid Body Latch Collar and Wiper Dart Specifications
|Solid body dart latch||450|
|OD||5.50 in. (139.70 mm)|
|Body ID||3.90 in. (99.06 mm)|
|Length||14.25 in. (361.95 mm)|
|Burst/collapse pressure||As per connections|
|Differential pressure1||10,000 psi (69 000 kPa)|
1 From above and below with the dart latched in
2 Premium connections available on request