Downhole Jar Tester units are rugged, self-contained units that test the proper operation of fishing jars, drilling jars, and other downhole drilling tools. The horizontal mainframe and attached hydraulic cylinder efficiently apply tension and compression forces in direct axial alignment with the test piece.
Each Downhole Jar Tester unit is designed for safe and efficient operation by one person from a low-pressure, electric-powered, standalone hydraulic control console. These test units can also be operated as an accessory to our Model 1689 and 8025 TorqueMaster™ makeup/breakout unit consoles.
Test nubbins needed to connect the test piece to the unit are sold separately and should be specified with size and connection type at time of inquiry.
- Operated by one person – Safe and easy to use
- Simple and clean design – Simple frame design and control options can accommodate any shop space
- Adjustable – Head and tail carriages can be adjusted to accommodate varying tool lengths; frame extensions are available to accommodate longer tools
- Full function testing – Capable of testing in both tension and compression
- Variable force control – Test force can be adjusted to attain desired force for proper testing
- Recordable test results – Log II or standard chart recorder