The user-friendly interface of our M/D Totco™ DrillLink™ automated control system generates command sequences for downlinking to rotary steerables and other downhole tools, eliminating the need for the directional driller to constantly monitor a stopwatch while giving verbal instructions to the driller.
Our DrillLink system features pull-down software, which means the right instruction for each tool is always loaded to reduce human error. Since the commands are now precise and repeatable, the tool manufacturers can modify their communication systems to allow faster, more efficient downlinking operations. The DrillLink system provides an intelligent interface between service companies and existing rig control systems in an efficient, reliable, and non-intrusive communication format.
Our DrillLink system digitizes and modifies the driller's throttle signals to send precise downlinking commands by using the rig's own control system to regulate the speed of the mud pumps. With DrillLink automation, the code in the downhole tool can be modified to recognize shorter duration pulses, resulting in time savings of 50 to 85%.
- Fast downlinking
- Does not require repeated throttle changes
- Automatic downlinking
- Easy-to-use software
- Customizable downlinking
- Calibration free
- User-friendly design
- Relays reliable route throttle signals when system is off
- Bypass connector allows complete control to be instantly returned to the rig crew in case of problems
- Easy to install
- Saves rig time
- Promotes focused operations-less disruptive to drill crews
- Reduces opportunities for error by eliminating stop watch usage and manual throttling
- Allows the driller to create or select a command, then send with the push of a button
- Ensures efficient execution through selection of a downhole tool instruction and instant availability
- Provides downlinking accuracy by sending the-the right code using PLC precision to the nearest millisecond
- Uses a percentage of current driller's throttle setting to eliminate calibration
- Simplifies operation for driller; adjusts throttles quickly by reducing the throttle with existing controls, eliminating the need for emergency shut-down devices
- Minimizes downtime
- Allows fast rig up with only a few hours needed within the critical path of rig activity