Construction, Wind Installation, and Field Lifecycle
Originated from GustoMSC’s successful crane vessel design, the Ensis crane vessel has been specifically designed for the offshore wind turbine installation market. Optimized for the installation of large monopiles, its multi-purpose nature also enhances the installation of jacket-type foundations and a wide range of activities in the offshore construction market in general.
This powerful workhorse is equipped with a heavy-duty crane with a high lifting capacity and large outreach, enhanced by the offset crane. The cargo holds provide sufficient space for monopiles, jackets, and auxiliary equipment. When covered with pontoon decks a large multi-purpose working deck is provided. Both a robust dynamic positioning system and an optional mooring system are provided.
High workability and good seakeeping are provided by the ship-shaped hull allowing continuous operations and serial installation. Reduced resistance and IMO MARPOL Tier IV readiness reduce the environmental footprint.
- Multi-purpose heavy lift capability
- Suitable for monopile and jacket installation
- Highly efficient vertical storage for monopiles up to 90m length
- Horizontal storage of larger monopiles
- Suitable for jacket installation with pontoon decks installed
- Optimized arrangement maximizes number of monopiles that can be loaded, handled and sea fastened efficiently
- Independent in port loading capability
- Designed to minimize environmental footprint
- Dual fuel ready, space for optional LNG fuel tanks
- The Ensis design can be fully customized to meet client specific requirement
|Hull length overall||
|Hull length between perpendiculars||176.0 m|
|Hull breadth||45.0 m|
|Scantling draught||11.0 m|
|Crane capacity||2,500 t @ 27.5 m|
|Multiple crane configurations possible|
Our designs at work
Ideas may start on paper, but our designs are brought to life each day as they serve the marine and offshore industries. View our reference list of field-proven designs and vessels.