Designing with Fiberglass Reinforced Plastics (FRP) requires a unique knowledge of composite materials, environmental conditions, chemical properties, ASTM and ASME specifications and familiarity with specialized fabrication and construction practices.
Quality engineering and our expertise in composite materials have been a hallmark of the Fiber Glass Systems brand for over 50 years. In fact, our expertise has made us the industry leader in FRP composites used in many industries today.
We have an abundance of knowledge, tools and talent. Our team utilizes a “design by rules” approach and a “design by stress” approach, depending on the project. FGS uses a variety of modern software programs for engineering analysis and drawings to meet your specifications including:
- Trilam for lamination analysis
- Caesar II and CaePipe for pipe stress analysis
- ANSYS and Algor for FEA
- AutoDesk Inventor, AutoCAD and Solidworks for drawings
- Our design-build capabilities minimize project costs by reducing project complexity as a result of our role as a single-source supplier.
- Innovative concept design, development and planning
- Excellence in engineering and analysis by professionals who know composite materials and understand downstream processes of fabrication, installation, and maintenance
- Detailed structural designs, manufacturing drawings and technical deliverables to meet your project requirements
- Experience with and applied use of FRP and piping standards according to ASTM and ASME specifications
- Cooperation and coordination with owners, consulting architects and engineers to form an efficient project design team
Use our Experience to Your Advantage.