Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
Many of the earliest generation fiberglass tanks were not tested nor were they warranted for either biodiesel or ethanol blends exceeding 10%. Upgrade your tank to full compatibility with green fuel blends like E15, E85 up to E100.
The Bio-Fuel Tank Upgrade (BTU®) can be applied in combination with typical tank upgrades like sumps and collars or as a stand-alone service. Unlike conventional tank lining methods, the BTU® upgrade is completed by Containment Solutions technicians who are experts in fiberglass tank manufacturing techniques.
In most cases the candidates for the BTU® are older tanks. All Containment Solutions single-wall and double-wall storage tanks are compatible with ethanol blends up to E100 and biodiesel blends up to B100.
- 1 - Year limited warranty
- Eliminates costly tank replacement and downtime
- Ethanol and ethanol blends from 0-100% including E15 and E85
- API 1631
- Complies with American Petroleum Institute Standard.
- Interior Lining and Periodic Inspection of Underground Storage Tanks (see sections on FRP tanks).
- FTPI T-95-02
- Complies with Fiberglass Tank and Pipe Institute’s Recommended Practice.
- Remanufacturing of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Underground Storage Tanks (including Change of Contents Section 6) .
- UL 1316
- Utilizes materials currently listed for the storage of petroleum products, alcohol’s and alcohol gasoline mixtures in Underwriters Laboratories Standard.
- Glass-Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Underground Tanks for Petroleum Products, Alcohols, and Alcohol-Gasoline Mixtures.
- ASTM D 6751
- Compatible with BioDiesel as defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials Standard.
- Specification for Biodiesel Fuel Blend Stock (B100) for Middle Distillate Fuels.
- NLPA 631
- Complies with National Leak Prevention Association NLPA Standard.
- Entry, Cleaning, Interior Inspection, Repair, and Lining of Underground Tanks.