Many of the earliest generation fiberglass tanks were not tested nor were they warranted for either biodiesel or ethanol blends exceeding 10%. Upgrade your tank to full compatibility with green fuel blends like E15, E85 up to E100.
The Bio-Fuel Tank Upgrade (BTU®) can be applied in combination with typical tank upgrades like sumps and collars or as a stand-alone service. Unlike conventional tank lining methods, the BTU® upgrade is completed by Containment Solutions technicians who are experts in fiberglass tank manufacturing techniques.
In most cases the candidates for the BTU® are older tanks. All Containment Solutions single-wall and double-wall storage tanks are compatible with ethanol blends up to E100 and biodiesel blends up to B100.
- 10 year limited warranty
- Eliminates costly tank replacement and downtime
- Ethanol and ethanol blends from 0-100% including E15 and E85
- API 1631
- Complies with American Petroleum Institute Standard.
- Interior Lining and Periodic Inspection of Underground Storage Tanks (see sections on FRP tanks).
- FTPI T-95-02
- Complies with Fiberglass Tank and Pipe Institute’s Recommended Practice.
- Remanufacturing of Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Underground Storage Tanks (including Change of Contents Section 6) .
- UL 1316
- Utilizes materials currently listed for the storage of petroleum products, alcohol’s and alcohol gasoline mixtures in Underwriters Laboratories Standard.
- Glass-Fiber-Reinforced Plastic Underground Tanks for Petroleum Products, Alcohols, and Alcohol-Gasoline Mixtures.
- ASTM D 6751
- Compatible with BioDiesel as defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials Standard.
- Specification for Biodiesel Fuel Blend Stock (B100) for Middle Distillate Fuels.
- NLPA 631
- Complies with National Leak Prevention Association NLPA Standard.
- Entry, Cleaning, Interior Inspection, Repair, and Lining of Underground Tanks.