Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
Our Flash Point™ packer is hydraulically set with a fully constrained running tool (HRC Running Tool) to allow rotation, resulting in greater control over liner installation and eliminating excessive work string manipulation during installation.
Capable of both conventional and thermal wellbore use, the Flash Point is fully functional up to 600 °F (315 °C). The Flash Point is tested and proven to maintain seal integrity at 600 °F (315 °C) with greater than 3,500 psi (24.1 MPa) of differential pressure across the element.
- Hydraulic-set packer element
- Hydraulic-release running tool
- Dart operated with ball-drop backup for packer deployment
- High-temperature design withstands up to 600 °F (315 °C)
- Drains work string after packer has been set
- Secondary mechanical release of running tool
- High-temperature steam liner top isolation for injection or production wells
- Allows for thermal temperature cycles along with ambient pressure test upon installation
- Deployable on rotating liner systems for short-radius wells
- Hydraulic setting tool ensures proper packer setting regardless of well depth or inclination
- May be tied back with our seal nipple assembly
- Steam-assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) injector and producer wells
- Cyclic steam (huff-and-puff) wells
- High-temperature oil production
Flash Point - Thermal Liner Top Packer Specifications
|Flash Point TLT Packer||7.000 × 9.625 in. (177.80 × 244.48 mm)|
|Packer OD||8.375 in. (212.73 mm)|
|Packer ID1||6.241 in. (158.52 mm)|
|Packer length2||111.19 in. (2824.23 mm)|
|Burst||7,000 psi (48.3 MPa)|
|Collapse||7,000 psi (48.3 MPa)|
|Tensile||325,000 lbf (144 570 daN)|
|Diff. pressure3||3,500 psi (24.1 MPa)|
|Temperature||600 °F (315 °C)|
*Drift ID shown; actual ID may vary due to casing variability.
**Length may vary due to end connections.
***Tested at 600 °F (315 °C)
We have specialized in geothermal technologies for more than a decade, with experience in completing wellbores in hundreds of geothermal installations for projects ranging from heating villages in small communities to highly prolific electrical generation and heating projects for farming communities, regional governments, and major international companies. We have extensively supported the geothermal industry with more than 220 successful geothermal-specific liner hanger systems and well construction installations for more than 50 customers in nine countries, proving that we understand the unique conditions and challenges for geothermal applications and regularly provide solutions to meet these needs.