We understand the industry’s current challenges, which consist of numerous leak points and long rig-up and rig-down times with traditional iron setups. Our FlexConnect™ high-pressure frac hose is a composite hose that can be readily manufactured to multiple lengths, from 2- to 7-in. ID, and pressures up to 15,000 psi to meet your individual requirements. This hose provides improved frac media resistance and enhanced flow rates, which enables you to enhance your frac operation.
FlexConnect hoses reduce the connections down to two instead of the multiple connections needed with traditional iron products, offering improved performance and an easy solution to rig up and rig down.
The hoses are provided with visual wear indication inherent in the hose construction, which allows inspection to determine approximate wear-percentage levels and resultant life remaining in the hose body. Manufactured for extended life, the FlexConnect hose reduces your costs related to replacements, recertification, and tracking.
Inspection and recertification
Every FlexConnect hose comes with wear indicators throughout the bore, which provide a visual wear indication at 25, 50, and 75% worn conditions. Inspection of the hose condition is completed using a borescope and can be facilitated by NOV’s team, or we also provide training to allow end user self-certification.
End connection options
- Anson™ hammer union: Industry-adopted union ideal for rapid rig-up/rig-down applications
- API 6A flange ends: Robust design for applications that do not require regular connect/disconnect
- Flanged hose with Anson hammer union saver-subs: Allows for quick switch outs of the low-cost saver-sub should the hammer union get damaged
- Flanged hose with FracMaxx™ articulating swivel (5-in. ID and above): Allows end connections to be rotated for perfect alignment and helps avoid flange bolt hole misalignment issues
- NOV FlexHub with clamp: Elastomeric sealing arrangement specifically designed for frac applications, coupled with a conventional, heavy-duty clamp connection
Features and benefits
- Protective outer coating provides long-lasting life of high-pressure hosing
- Eliminate costly iron replacements and recertification with specifically designed ID to withstand harsh frac environments
- Reduce rig-up and rig-down time with quick and safe Anson hammer unions, hubbed, or flanged connections
- Fewer connection points eliminate the need for multiple iron configurations
- Higher flow rates versus conventional iron
- Available with integral end fittings captive within the hose body construction and end-of-life wear indication
- In-line swivel available for end connections to prevent torque transfer on makeup
- Compact and easily transportable design
FlexConnect HP Frac Hose Specifications
Min. bend radius
Max. working pressure
|1.75 (2.00-in. 1502)||3.000||18||9.0||15,000||2-in. 1502 hammer union ended (1¾-in. bore)|
|2.00||3.000||18||12.0||15,000||21/16-in. API 15k flange ended|
|2.50*||3.250||22||18.2||15,000||3-in. 1502 hammer union ended (2½-in. bore)|
|2.75 (3.00-in. 1502)||3.583||34||22.0||15,000||3-in. 1502 hammer union ended (2¾-in. bore)|
|3.00||3.583||34||26.2||15,000||31/16-in. API 15K flange ended|
|3.50 (4.00-IN. 1502)||4.333||62||35.7||15,000||4-in. 1502 hammer union ended (3½-in. bore)|
|4.00||4.333||62||46.6||15,000||41/16-in. API 15K flange ended|
||15,000||5⅛-in. API 15K flange ended|
|6.00||5.500||81||120.0||15,000||71/16-in. API 15K flange ended|
|7.00||5.917||92||142.9||15,000||71/16-in. API 15K flange ended|
*2.50-in. ID FlexConnect is specifically designed for the ideal flow rate in frac pump to manifold trailer applications.