The FloDrift™ real-time drift tool is a simple, reliable instrument that provides real-time drift surveys during normal connection operations.
The FloDrift tool delivers easy, cost-effective well inclination measurements in real time, and its survey-on-connection approach offers improvements in performance and safety compared to traditional wireline inclination tools. The tool’s survey-on-connection capability requires no additional rig time and eliminates extra rig-time expenditures.
The FloDrift tool’s surface decoder uses a small footprint computer to automatically detect and decode survey inclination, and a user-friendly touchscreen monitor displays the information. All data are stored and viewable by rigsite personnel. Survey inclination logs are available to print anytime throughout the drilling process and at the end of the well.
- Modified float valve as telemetry means
- Acquires survey during the connection with no lost rig time
- Automatic and accurate decoding
- Eliminates pulse counting to approximate inclination for easier operation by the driller
- Accurate inclinations with resolution of 0.1° and a range of up to 20°
- Provides the industry's fastest decoded survey capability with inclination displayed 45 seconds after turning pumps on
- Patented Pressure Release Encoding System (PRES™) telemetry
- Compensates for most flow rate changes automatically and works in noisy surface-hole sections
- Runs in standard bit or float sub with outside diameters (ODs) ranging 4.75 through 9.5 in. (12 to 24 cm)
- Offers versatility to run in float subs with standard float valve borebacks and API bottomhole assembly connections
Contact [email protected] for more information.
FloDrift Real-Time Drift Tool Specifications
|Maximum temp||330 °F (165 °C)|
|Flow rate range||200 to 1,200 gals/min|
|Survey response time||45 seconds after pumps on|
|FloDrift subs||FloDrift runs in standard 5-ft float or bit subs|
|Sub sizes||9.5 and 8 in. OD (6R FloValve)
6.5 in. OD (5R FloValve)
4.75 in. OD (4R FloValve)
The FloDrift tool runs in standard 5-ft float subs.