The GT-M connection is a low-torque, gas-tight connection ideal for use on intervention risers.
The patented GT-M™ connection is a special version of XT-M™, the industry’s first gas-tight, pressure-rated rotary-shouldered connection. The GT-M connection features a radial metal-to-metal internal pressure seal, with the external torque shoulder providing a secondary seal.
The internal metal seal is generated by radial interference, reducing the effects of tensile load. Capable of resisting high-pressure liquids and gas, the seal integrity is not affected by multiple make-and-breaks of the connection.
- The GT-M connection is available only for 6⅝ in. size.
- The GT-M connection does not have an internal torque shoulder, providing reduced makeup torque.
- GT-M connections are pressure rated to 15,000 psi internal pressure and 7,500 psi external pressure.
- Due to the large inside diameter, GT-M drill strings are well-suited for use on invention risers.
- GT-M connections are not interchangeable with any other rotary-shouldered connection.
eXtreme load gas-tight connections enhanced for demanding completion operations
The original high-performance rotary-shouldered connections
TurboTorque-M connections are the new standard for applications that demand a high-pressure gas-tight connection with faster makeup and improved performance.
Our MaXit connection is engineered to take your ultra-deepwater operations further.
Grant Prideco Technical Resources
Supporting our customers is our highest priority, and we look forward to partnering with you today and every day to achieve lasting success.
Specialized pipe for high-pressure completion operations
Grant Prideco Licensee Locator
Our licensed repair facilities provide 24/7 service and technical support around the globe for Grant Prideco products to ensure quality and availability.
Grant Prideco Connection Library
Access the most up-to-date technical documents and brochures for our Grant Prideco products.