Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
Using sophisticated modeling and control software and a powerful processor, the hydraulic pump controller (HPC) computes surface and downhole conditions to best regulate the starting, stopping, or speed adjustment of the pumping unit.
Comprehensive monitoring and reporting capabilities provide daily gauging, fault and event logging, a user-configurable data sampler, and more. Durable HPC units withstand the harsh environments of the oil patch.
Throughout the life of every well, there are factors that can prevent reaching optimal production levels. By reducing the negative effects of these factors, the production rate for each well can be optimized without losing efficiency and reliability. The HPC has the capability to automatically detect these factors and instantaneously adjust the operation of the pumping unit to maximize system performance.
Maximum pump fill
By controlling the speed of the system, the HPC will automatically adjust stroke speed to produce the maximum amount of fluid from the reservoir and keep the system operational instead of shutting down due to low inflow downhole. This feature combined with the hydraulic rod pump surface equipment results in a full system that automatically adapts to various inflow conditions and prevents wear on the downhole equipment by reducing the number of cycles required to pump equal amounts of fluid.
Full-color touchscreen display
The user-friendly color touch-screen display makes the HPC the first controller to use a touchscreen interface.
Stroke speed and length, as well as acceleration and deceleration of the hydraulic ram, can be changed from the main screen. The data for hydraulic load, strokes per minute, and mast position are also shown on the main screen. All well characteristics are displayed in real time and can be changed via the touchscreen while the rod pumping system is in operation. This translates to easier control and less production downtime. The HPC’s interface is designed to be easy to navigate from page to page.
- 12-V DC/24-V DC AC supply input
- State-of-the-art expandable controller
- Weatherproof design
- Rugged NEMA 4X stainless-steel enclosure
- -40 to 125 °C
- 7-in. color graphic touchpanel display
- External SD micro memory card storage
- Field-replaceable CPU
- Optimized to work with NOV pumping units
- Firmware field upgradable
- Field-configurable I/O
- Four isolated analog inputs
- Two isolated analog outputs
- 10 discrete inputs
- Six discrete outputs
- Pressure transducers
- Linear displacement transducer
- Red beacon alarm indicator
- Standard Ethernet communications
- Modbus RTU/TCP protocol
- Cellular modem option
- Satellite communication option
- Pump-off control
- Timer control
- Automatic restart capability
- Adaptive pump control
- Simplified well configuration
- Full-color graphic display of all key ;functions
- Well production/performance report
- Time-stamped event/fault logging and user-definable data sampler
- Web-based monitoring/control
- Third-party head-end software interface (case, theta)