i-Frac OH™ is a ball-drop-activated multistage frac system for openhole horizontal completions. The system is installed as an integrated part of the lower completion string. Multiple stages can be installed in a wellbore, with each stage containing between 1 and 20 sliding sleeves for optimized fracture design. Once installed, the i-Frac system is secured in place via mechanical or swell packers. For each stage installed, one ball is pumped from surface to open all sleeves in the given stage. Once all sleeves in the stage are open, the frac job can then be carried out in a continuous pumping operation, with no prep time between stages.
- Ball-drop operated
- Configurable nozzles and shear pressures
- 1⁄6-, ⅛-, 1⁄10-, 1⁄12-, and 1⁄16-in. seat increments
- Multiple sleeves per stage allow for increased fracture initiation points
- No explosives required on location
- Drillable cast-iron ball seats for easy mill-out
- Proven field success across all major plays
- Compatible with dissolvable frac ball technology—frac balls regrade over a calculated period in the presence of temperature and fluid, allowing production operations to begin with no well intervention
- Maximum number of stages:
- 42 stages for 4.5 in.
- 52 stages for 5.5 in.
- Increased time and cost efficiency compared with traditional plug and perforation methods
- Ability to employ continuous pumping operations
- Excellent zonal isolation
- Optimized fracture initiation
- Multiple stages per well
- Maximizes reservoir contact
- Features millable seats for future full-bore applications