The M/D Totco™ RigSense™ Kick Monitoring Display system provides a precise overview of surface and downhole conditions, enabling rig personnel to make accurate and informed decisions when responding to a kick or fluid-loss situation.
As part of our RigSense information system, the Kick Monitoring Display feature improves monitoring efficiency by reducing the amount of information required to detect a kick and grouping the data for faster notification of potentially hazardous situations. Using a combination of specialized charting screens and customizable alarm settings, you can easily visualize data and quickly identify well-control issues that would otherwise go undetected.
If a potential kick is identified, the Kick Monitoring Display system will trigger a RigSense system-wide global alarm—designed with distinct visual and audio characteristics that separate it from all other RigSense alarms—and generate a notification dialog that provides rig personnel with information relevant to the well-control event. Global alarms are also logged for record keeping and future analysis of the event.
- Monitor for potential well-control issues
- Provides rig crew with an intuitive and instant trend overview indicating a potential kick
- Quick, accurate identification of kick events
- Enables fast, well-informed decisions to avoid hazardous situations
- Global alarms triggered by changes in user-defined areas
- Warns rig personnel of well-control issues related to:
- Mud gains and losses
- Mud returns with pumps shut off
- Increases in mud returns while drilling