MARRS® (Multi-Angle Rapid Railing Systems) Offshore is a unique, patented handrail system designed and developed in-house to meet the required strength, durability, fire-reaction performance, and safety properties required in offshore oil and gas installations, including NORSOK compliance.
The system is also used extensively in other fire-critical areas such as the London Underground, nuclear processing facilities, military facilities, and more thanks to its enhanced fire integrity, low smoke emissions, and low toxicity in fires.
Fire Integrity Type Approval: World first ABS Type Approval permitting uses in service and locations where fire integrity is required such as “means of escape routes”, access routes for firefighting equipment and temporary safe refuge stations.
When installed and used in accordance with Fiber Glass System’s installation and operation procedures, the MARRS Offshore Handrail provides many years of reliable service in your offshore installation.
- ABS Fire Integrity Type Approval
- Highly corrosion resistant – Maintains long-term structural integrity
- Lightweight – Significant weight savings over steel
- Robust and durable
- Factory or field assembled (no hot works)
- Safety enhancements – Continuous round-top rail with no sharp corners
- Fully versatile for edge protection, stairs, and platforms
- Accepts lighting and cable trays
- Fast-track installation
- Cost savings
- Maintenance savings
- Designed for both new-build and brownfield retrofit installations on offshore rigs, FPSOs, etc.
- Versatile base connections to suit different applications
- Phenolic fiber-reinforced polymer (FRP) ensures negligible combustibility, smoke, and toxicity risks
NOV Fiber Glass Systems' (FGS) innovative phenolic FRP composite structural products, including MARRS Offshore handrails, access structures, ladders, safety gates, and grating, have been designed, supplied, and installed extensively throughout the BP Clair Ridge project, all performing beyond expectations throughout fabrication and passing Lloyd's Class Project testing. The FGS team also provided expert technical and engineering services as part of a packaged solution from design to completion.
The FGS FRP products successfully provided a cost-effective, corrosion-resistant alternative solution to steel equivalents and made a significant contribution towards critical weight saving objectives.