When extreme and robust thread protection is required, Tuboscope MSI’s Pipe Protection Technologies’ Mega™ composite thread protectors are ideal for the job. Since 1995, our Mega technology continues to be the most requested thread protector for large offshore OD applications due to its performance history and resilient strength.
As fully plastic thread protectors remain in high-demand, the Mega design boasts a unique advantage over traditional plastic—a proprietary blend of resin, offering superior corrosion resistance for threaded areas and a steel outer shell for extreme impact resistance. Our Mega protectors meet all current standards for API 5CT while ensuring extreme, industry-compliant thread protection.
Tuboscope MSI continues to offer the most extensive selection of thread protectors in the industry for both onshore and offshore applications, and we equip you with the right level of protection in any situation.
Features and benefits
- API 5CT, Annex-I, 10th edition compliant
- Available in liftable and non-liftable designs
- Available in both API and premium thread connections
- Heavy-duty plastic threads for maximum corrosion protection
- Steel shell to ensure complete impact protection
- Recommended for long-term storage, extreme handling, and transportation, particularly offshore
- Designed for extreme weather conditions; tested from -50° to 150°F (-46° to 66°C)
- CNC cut for a precision fit
- Sizes range from 7 to 20 in.