1500SE MPD System
Drilling choke and control system with an enhanced pressure control precision thanks to the electric actuated choke and state-of-the-art controller algorithm
The 1500SE Managed Pressure Drilling Control System handles all the control and inputs needed to manage a single, electric choke. It accepts inputs from the rig sensor network or its own directly connected sensors and adjusts the MPD choke as needed to control the wellbore pressure to achieve a target wellbore pressure. The 1500SE control system is built for performance and reliability using an electrically actuated choke and triple redundant wellbore pressure sensors. Customers can use the 1500SE system as a free-standing system with a dedicated NControl HMI or can choose to integrate with NOVOS™ using the NControl MPD App.
Improved Drilling Efficiencies
- MPD configuration and operation can be done through NOVOS or dedicated MPD driller’s terminal
- Greater access to reliable instrumentation
- Integrated system reduces space requirements
- MPD Control System (NControl) is a natural extension of the drilling process
- Personnel can be trained on a standard package
- Maintenance and servicing are based on standard processes and personnel competencies
- Reduces time required to transition between conventional drilling and MPD
Drilling Control System Integration
- Available NControl NOVOS application
- Software and hardware provided by NOV using the same deployment and revision control as other NOV supplied sub systems
Logging and Remote Monitoring
- Integrated with NOV’s WellData™, DataVault and eHawk™ remote monitoring services
- Events, settings, and actions are logged along with all other rig information
- Built-in high frequency data logger
Choke Manifold Specifications
|Flange inlet and outlet
|API 41/16 in.
|Sour NACE MR0175
|API 6A and API 16C monogrammed
|Ring groove inlay
|P+T’ (-29 to 180°F)
|Titan C PRV (400 to 1,500 psi)
|ShafferTM 2300 SFC
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|7.5 x 7 x 4.5 ft
|Class 1, Div.1, Groups A, B, C, and D hazardous locations
|ISO 9001-2008 and API Q1 9th edition
1500S MPD System
Primary finite pressure control for common managed pressure drilling (MPD) applications in land drilling operations.
Choke Manifold: 5000S
Offers simple operation and maintenance suitable for most land and shelf drilling operations.
MPD Buffer Manifold
Route flow in a variety of advanced drilling systems without reconfiguring piping.
Managed Pressure Drilling Systems
From rotating control devices and managed pressure drilling manifolds to full drilling control network integration and engineering services, the Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) product line helps manage every drilling operation.