The NG’s are a series of multi-purpose jack-ups. These units undertake transit and positioning offshore without tug assistance. The four legs and diagonal preloading capability allow for easy, fast, and secure jacking and pre-loading operations.
The NG-5500X-LD is intended for use in water depths of up to 80 m in a moderate environment as well as harsh offshore environment water depths of 50 m. The unit is equipped with a well-balanced DP2 maneuvering capability and a VFD-driven jacking system providing a controlled ramp-up / ramp-down, speed & torque control, for frequent, fast, and secure jacking operations and with high redundancy.
The NG-5500X-LD truly bridges the gap between the successful shallow to midwater service units and the full-fledged drilling rigs. This light drilling rig will ensure high utilization as it can serve a variety of brownfield needs.
- Safe, solid and stable platform
- Transit and positioning without tug assistance
- Easy and fast installation onsite by diagonal pre-loading
- Large free deck space
- Modern accommodation layout
- VFD controlled Rack & Pinion jacking system
- Fast , secure and controlled Jacking and Preloading
- High number of jacking moves
- Built-in redundancy
- The NG series can be fully customized to owner’s specific requirements
50 - 80 m
|Deck size||87.5 x 42.0 m|
|Variable load oper.||max. 2,750 t|
|Cantilever reach||18.3 x 7.9 m|
Our designs at work
Ideas may start on paper, but our designs are brought to life each day as they serve the marine and offshore industries. View our reference list of field-proven designs and vessels.