Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
It is the equipment owner’s responsibility to ensure all equipment remains up to date on inspections and in-service per the Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) recommendations. Recommendations for periodical NDT or NDE are generally written into the OEM’s maintenance and operations procedures to ensure the integrity and safe continued use of equipment.
Failure to adhere to OEM inspection guidelines can result in equipment downtime, personnel injuries, or fatalities. If equipment on a rig is found to be out of inspection date the National Oil Company (NOC) could halt rig operations.
As a division of NOV, Tuboscope has access to all the OEM drawings and procedures that other 3rd party NDT inspection companies would not.
All SIS technicians are either Personnel Certified in Non-Destructive Testing (PCN) or American Society for Non-Destructive Testing (ASNT) qualified and are skilled in all conventional and advanced NDT work scopes. Our back-office support team ensures final reports are issued within 10 days of the inspections being carried out.
We work with NOV Engineering to assess, test and update our OEM procedures, including the introduction and implementation of new technologies that supersede existing methods, such as Phased Array inspections (PAUT).
NDT Services include
- Visual Inspection (VI)
- Eddy Current Inspection (ECI)
- Ultrasonic Shear Wave Inspection / Flaw Detection (UTI)
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection (LPI / Dye Penetrant Inspection (DPI)
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI)
- Radiography Inspection
- Ultrasonic Wall Thickness Gauging (UTTG)
- Phased Array Inspection (PAUT)
- Alternating Current Field Measurement – (ACFM)
- Hardness Testing
- Close-Up Video Inspection
- Infrared Thermography Inspection
- Positive Material Identification
- NDT Level-III/Third party Inspection