MYNOV is a single sign-on solution.
Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
The NWS wet shoe sub is designed to provide a positive indication of cement displacement, and the ability to have a wet shoe for first-zone injection eliminates the need for a costly perforating run. The wiper plug is pumped down the casing behind the cement to the seat in the wet shoe sub. A pressure increase indicates the plug is on seat; continued increase in pressure shears the plug seat, which moves it down to allow circulation around the wiper plug, creating a ‘wet shoe’ for first zone injection.
- Large flow area around the wiper plug after shear-out
- Positive indication wiper plug is on seat
- Circulation through tool after plug seat shear-out
- No explosives required on location
- Exchangeable wiper plug seat insert to accommodate cemented frac sleeve dart system
- Time and cost efficiency compared with traditional TCP operations
- Ability to employ continuous pumping operations
- Reduces HSE risk by eliminating need for dedicated coiled tubing operations
- Decreases amount of water used compared to traditional toe initiation