The patented Petro-Pile™ sump caisson design includes a quiet oil spillover chamber that provides an oil collection area unaffected by wave action, tidal changes, or storm surge.
We are currently operating successfully on over 135 offshore facilities including tension legs, semi-submersibles, and spar platforms while remaining unaffected by the motion of the platform. As the first choice by environmentally responsible companies, the Petro-Pile sump caisson operates across the globe—from Nigeria to Mexico, the US, and the Caspian Sea.
Features and Benefits
- The quiet oil spillover chamber provides an oil collection area unaffected by wave action, tidal changes, or storm surge.
- Provides a large contained volume, and therefore a long settling time, without taking up any deck space
- Helps prevent pollution during process upsets in the produced water treating equipment
- Deep discharge point reduces the likelihood of a sheen being created when waste waters enter the sea
- Imparts minimal loads to the platform due to its low elevation and cylindrical shape
- Typically has lower installation costs than conventional sump tanks
- Equipped with non-clogging baffles that help remove oil from the sand which then exits the pile without any buildup
- Enables precise setting of the oil/water interface so that the influent can enter the pile below the interface, thereby not disturbing the oil that has already separated from the water
- The oil weir spillover pipe can be easily adjusted to change the elevation of the oil/water interface.
- All controls such as level switches, floats, bubbler tubes, pumps, or blow cases are located in the oil-wetted quiet chamber where they never come in contact with seawater, reducing corrosion and maintenance.
- Level controls are located in their own stilling wells to further minimize pump cycling.