Frequent pigging of pipeline networks requires control of pig location to avoid collision in pipeline Y-connections. To avoid using radioactive pig-tracking systems, we developed a magnetic pig position and passage sensor. This system can be used both for RFO/commissioning pigging and operational pigging.
Our magnetic pig tracking system is developed, tested, and field proven.
- Detects stationary and moving pigs
- Magnetic pig detector
- Avoids radioactive isotopes, reducing handling costs and eliminating HSE issues
- Nonintrusive design as preferred for sensors in subsea pipeline systems; possible to retrofit
- Robust and reliable technology qualified for permanent subsea use
- Easy calibration and recalibration; automatic calibration and power-up can be implemented