Frequent pigging of pipeline networks requires control of pig location to avoid collision in pipeline Y-connections. To avoid using radioactive pig-tracking systems, we developed a magnetic pig position and passage sensor. This system can be used both for RFO/commissioning pigging and operational pigging.
Our magnetic pig tracking system is developed, tested, and field proven.
- Detects stationary and moving pigs
- Reliable detection; no error-prone calibration necessary
- Magnetic pig detection; nonintrusive design as preferred for subsea pipeline systems and possible to retrofit
- Avoids radioactive isotopes, reducing handling costs and eliminating HSE issues
- Robust and reliable technology qualified for permanent subsea use
- Subsea pig detector
- Permanently installed; for hardwired connection to subsea or topside control systems
- Permanently or temporarily installed; battery-powered by portable ROV display unit. May be used for ROV-assisted pigging operations
- Portable detector with integrated display; for detection of stuck pigs
- Topside pig detector
- Permanently installed; for hardwired connection to topside control system. Intrinsically safe (Ex(i) certified)
- Portable pig detector; for manual localization of pigs in pipe/launcher/receiver. Intrinsically safe (Ex(i) certified)
- Topside/subsea pig position indicator
- For linear position indication of pig; for applications where pig position accuracy is crucial