Our Red Thread™ IIA riser pipe assembly was purpose-built to be durable, long-lasting, and compatible with tools that fit through a 4-in. Schedule 40 steel pipe.
- Minimum wall thickness of 0.145 in.; more than twice the thickness of standard Red Thread IIA pipe
- Inside diameter (ID) of 4.026 in.; identical to 4-in. Schedule 40 steel pipe
- Total assembled length of approximately 68 in. when using standard 5-ft length of riser pipe
- Corrosion-resistant FRP materials means no more stuck tools that do not fit through your riser
- Compatible with ultra-low-sulfur diesel (ULSD) and all current fuels
- The ID of the assembly is designed to accommodate most standard tools, such as drop tubes, fill tubes, and overfill prevention valves.
- Assembled length designed to be ideal for a maximum tank burial of 7 ft below grade
- Durable Red Thread IIA riser pipe uses significantly greater wall thickness to better withstand surface loading.
- Red Thread riser adapters have thicker walls and are lengthened to accommodate the thicker walled Red Thread IIA riser pipe.
- Both the pipe and adapters are made with the exact same materials used in our standard Red Thread IIA pipe.
- Ideal for use on both steel and fiberglass tanks
- Approved for both direct-bury and use inside a sump
- Pipe sized for application, making shipping easier and more cost effective
- Pipe can be cut and tapered in the field using existing tools
- Uses PSX-20 adhesive
- No pipe threading required as with metallic risers
- Red Thread™ IIA Riser Pipe is UL-971 listed in both the US and Canada
- RP100 allows for the use of non-metallic Riser Pipe. See section 10.13 of the latest RP100 document from PEI for more information.
A standard assembly includes:
- 1 qty 5-ft stick of 4-in. RTIIA riser pipe
- 2 qty 4-in. riser pipe BxMN adapter
- 1 qty PSX-20 adhesive kit
- 2102/2102-I box tool
- Strap wrench or chain wrench
- Tank Fill
- Tank Vent
- Spill Containers
- Submersible Pumps
Red Thread II Riser Pipe Specifications
|Part Number||Description||Box Minimum|
|012040-060-0||RTIIA RISER PIPE 4” PXP - 5’||4 lengths/bundle|
|012040-240-0||RTIIA RISER PIPE 4” PXP – 20’||4 lengths/bundle|
|011040-145-5||RTIIA RISER PIPE 4” PXP – 30’||4 lengths/bundle|
|012040-191-9||RTIIA RISER PIPE ADAPTER 4” BXMN||8 adapters|
The most dependable storage system available.
Fiberglass Underground Petroleum Storage Tanks
Containment Solutions tanks are the finest quality petroleum storage tanks for underground systems.…
Red Thread IIA Fiberglass Pipe
The first composite pipe to receive UL listed (UL 971) approval for underground fuel handling.