Deepwater capability in a cost-efficient, fit-for-purpose design characterizes the Scylax. The design focuses on the essential functionality for deepwater drilling, bringing best-in-class capabilities at a reduced cost. Its contemporary design and equipment specification provide state-of-the-art redundancy and safety standards.
Designed around the drilling process, the Scylax provides deepwater drilling in a compact design, including a single derrick with offline standbuilding, dual BOPs, up to 10,000ft water depth capability, and ample capacity mud systems.
Signature GustoMSC design features like maximized usable deck areas due to integrated design and dedicated use, in hull mud and bulk systems and protected walkways add to the operational safety and efficiency.
Customization is built into the design, offering flexibility and adaptability to client requirements. The design accommodates drilling equipment from all major suppliers.
- Cost effective alternative for deep water drilling:
- Deep water drilling capabilities in a compact, cost effective format
- Drilling operations integrated in design, high efficiency
- Maximum usable deck area in its class
- Lowest environmental loads, reduced fuel consumption
- CFD optimized hullshape
- Integrated drilling packages, developed with equipment suppliers,
- Can be fully customized to specific requirements and yard specific standards
|Length bpp||178.6 m|
|Breadth at wing decks||38.8 m|
|Scantling draught/td>||11.0 m|
|Variable load||> 10,000 t|
Our designs at work
Ideas may start on paper, but our designs are brought to life each day as they serve the marine and offshore industries. View our reference list of field-proven designs and vessels.