Our Sentry™ closure design concept relies on a simple locking ring that slides within a groove machined into the outer flange or hub. When expanded to the closed position, the locking ring securely locks the door into position. This design methodology, which is proven within the oil and gas industry, provides distinct advantages of integral safety and avoids the reliance on external clamps with combined screw thread expanders. Heavy-duty components are used to actuate the locking ring and are designed to withstand the rigors of long-term operation. Components are designed and arranged to ensure secure retention of all hinge hardware and simplified handling by fabricators.
- True quick opening—typically less than 90 seconds
- Simple operation—no special tools required
- Pressure alert valve (PAV) pressure warning device integral to closure operation
- Fully compliant with ASME Boiler Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII Division 1
- Compliant with all applicable pipeline design codes
- Fail-safe design
- Horizontal or vertical option
Offering the industry a field-proven safe closure design.