We engineered the ShockForce™ double-acting fully hydraulic drilling jar with an extended stroke length to deliver industry-leading impact forces. The hydrostatically balanced jar can withstand downhole pressures up to 30,000 psi. An integrated elevator lift area and a bottom flex sub reduce fatigue while drilling.
The ShockForce drilling jar also includes two unique features: our proprietary Safety Lock module and JarMax technology. Winner of a 2015 World Oil award, the internal Safety Lock module eliminates the need for a traditional external safety collar, unlocking the tool only with sufficient hydrostatic pressure downhole and locking the tool automatically when tripping out. JarMax technology releases the jar before it reaches its over-pull limit, which prevents damage and lets you quickly and repeatedly jar at maximum capacity without time-consuming calculations.
- Increased jarring force – Longest stroke lengths available and improved sealing technology allow consistent high-impact and impulse forces
- Pressure balanced – Hydrostatically balanced to 30,000 psi
- Ease of handling – Integrated elevator lift area simplifies handling procedures on rig floor
- Fatigue resistant – Integrated elevator lift area and bottom flex sub increase fatigue life
- Improved safety – Minimal interaction required on the rig floor, removing pinch and fall hazards
- Safety Lock module – Eliminates the need for a traditional safety collar
- JarMax module – Automatic optimization of pull loads for maximum impact force at every hit