Our subsea automated pig launcher (SAPL) solution enables operational pigging without vessel or remote-operated vehicle (ROV) support during pigging. A key aspect of the system is that it eliminates the need for a second flowline just to enable pigging and wax handling. It also reduces the number of days required for vessel mobilization compared with a conventional subsea pigging system, improving safety due to less lifting operations and no hazardous fluid handling and reducing the risk of backflow on-board the service vessel. The automated pig launcher encourages frequent pigging to avoid blockages and production shutdowns and improve the integrity level.
The SAPL is mounted on a subsea structure and loaded with pigs from a retrievable cassette. The cassette can house a number of pigs, which can be launched individually from shore or platform at a desired time.
- Subsea launching; no platform required
- Remote launching; no vessel or ROV required
- Multiple-pig cassette; reduced number of trips by service vessel
- No round-trip pigging required; improved production uptime and no need for dual pipelines
- Inspection pigging with the same unit
- RFO operations possible with ROV support/control only
Simplifies operations related to:
- Precommissioning and commissioning
- Wax control
- Slug control
- Intelligent pigging (inspection)