Like all TCS products, TCS-Titanium exhibits unlimited field reapplication capabilities over other TCS products and select competitive products without removal of existing hardbanding.
Tuboscope TCS-Titanium is a martensitic chrome-titanium carbide alloy with molybdenum. This popular hardbanding choice features high-stress abrasion resistance and the ability to resist cracking and spalling.
TCS-Titanium is manufactured as a self-shielding, flux-cored, 2.4-mm open-arc welding wire.
- Dense and uniform grain structure
- Tolerant to variations in pre- and post-temperatures
- >56 Rc (undiluted weld metal hardness)
- Controlled single-pass application
- Removal of previously applied TCS titanium not required
- Can be repaired in remote locations
- Minimal flux residues
- Total overlay integrity with tool joint
- Extremely low coefficient of friction
- High stress abrasion resistance
- Impact, cracking, and spalling resistant
- No shielding gas required
- Casing-friendly hardbanding