Our Thru-Kote™ connection system uses a patented insert sleeve designed to protect the internal coating during the welding process.
During the welding process, heat generated within the pipe will burn back the internal plastic coating approximately 1 to 2 in. from the welding seam. Thru-Kote sleeves isolate the burn-back of the coating and protects the steel substrate.
- Isolates burn-back of internal coating behind the sleeve
- Backing ring and heat tape reduce excessive temperatures
- Holiday-free connection area
- X-ray compatible with API and ASME
- Compatible with Tube-Kote™ coatings
- Suitable for onshore and offshore applications
- Accommodates all configurations of piping systems
- Fast and flexible method of field construction
- The Thru-Kote U.B™ sleeve is an unbelled connection system for 2- to 42-in. line pipe designed to protect internal coatings during welding.
- Thru-Kote is a belled connection system allowing for a non-restricted inside diameter (ID).