When the heat’s on, our mobile solution keeps your mud cool.
Elevated and fluctuating downhole temperatures and pressures can negatively impact mud properties, hole cleaning, and critical downhole measurements and tool life while increasing overall mud costs and nonproductive time (NPT). These problems are especially pronounced on land rigs or land drilling operations for which water is not readily available as a cooling medium, and mud chillers must be designed to effectively dissipate drilling fluid heat within a closed-loop cooling circuit.
Our mobile, fully automated land mud chiller relies on specially designed twin-plate pack heat exchangers as well as proven air-blast and chiller technologies to continuously cool drilling fluid in a single pass. With its innovative design, the land mud chiller achieves efficient cooling even with elevated ambient temperatures and without the need for an external water source.
As downhole temperatures rise, the BRANDT™ TUNDRA™ MAX land mud chiller effectively reduces and stabilizes synthetic, diesel, and water-based drilling fluid temperatures, leading to the following:
- Reduced NPT by eliminating trip time required to change out or protect subsurface tools.
- Improved accuracy of subsurface measuring tools.
- Improved drilling fluid performance and reduced costs associated with chemical additives.
- Reduced HSE risks associated with high temperature returns.
- Extended life for both surface and subsurface equipment.
- Fully automated
- Trailer mounted
- Environmentally sustainable closed-loop operation
- High-performance cooling
- Hybrid cooling with air blast and industrial chiller technologies
- Accurate daily reports from PLC data recorder
- Power-saver mode
- Easy to set up and operate—reduced manpower
- Transportation and operation ease—trailer or ground-mount operation.
- Does not require continuous precious water resources
- Dropping fluid temperature up to 70°F (21°C)*
- Enables efficient cooling, even under severe ambient temperature conditions
- Reliable daily reporting
- Reduced kW power consumption
*Achievable outlet temperature dependent on ambient conditions, drilling fluid inlet temperature, fluid type, and fluid properties
TUNDRA MAX Onshore Mud Chiller Specifications
|Length*||32 ft (9754 mm)|
|Width*||8 ft (2438 mm)|
|Height*||9 ft 4 in. (2845 mm)|
|Operating weight*||43,200 lb (19 595 kg)|
|Applicable muds||Capable of cooling both OBM and WBM systems|
|Mud weight range||9.0 to 19.00 ppg (1.08 to 2.2 sg)|
|Optimal process range||350 to 500 gal/min|
|Inlet temperature range**||Up to 250 °F (121 °C)|
|Achievable outlet temperature range***||100 to 152 °F (38 to 67 °C)|
|Ambient working temperature range||32 to 122 °F (0 to 50 °C)|
|Maximum power requirement||Up to 300 kW|
*Excludes trailer. For more information about the dimensions including the trailer, please contact your local NOV representative.
**200 to 250 °F intermitting load
***Achievable outlet temperature dependent on ambient conditions, drilling fluid inlet temperature, fluid type, and fluid properties
BRANDT TUNDRA MAX Land Mud Chiller Flyer (English)
TUNDRA MAX Mud Chiller Extends Advanced Drilling Automation Tool Life Case Study (English)
BRANDT TUNDRA MAX Land Mud Chiller Flyer (Arabic)
BRANDT TUNDRA MAX Land Mud Chiller Flyer (French)
BRANDT TUNDRA MAX Land Mud Chiller Flyer (Chinese)
BRANDT TUNDRA MAX Land Mud Chiller Flyer (Spanish)
TUNDRA MAX Mud Chiller Extends Advanced Drilling Automation Tool Life Case Study (Brazilian Portuguese)
TUNDRA MAX Mud Chiller Extends Advanced Drilling Automation Tool Life Case Study (Spanish)