The Vector™ Series 50 drilling motor incorporates the next-generation universal joint design, which features torque-transferring faces and a driveshaft that is up to 25% larger in diameter. The larger driveshaft enables the motor to provide exceptional torque capability and reliability. Combined with 100% flow-through-the-bit technology, this allows for maximum drilling efficiency. The short bit-to-bend bearing pack features an oil life equivalent to our previous full-length assemblies, providing the ability to reach total depth (TD). A locking feature prevents the adjustable assembly from being set incorrectly on the rig floor, reducing downtime at the rig.
- Faster drilling – Designed to achieve high rate of penetration (ROP)
- Shorter bit-to-bend – Allows for superior directional performance
- Increased strength – 35 to 68% stronger than our previous-generation motor technology
- Extreme durability – Redesigned internally, connections minimized, and components mechanically locked
- Locking feature – Bend angle cannot be set incorrectly on the rig floor
- High torque
- Interbedded or hard formations