The Vector™ Series 55 drilling motor couples the next generation universal joint design with a robust mud lubricated bearing pack. The driveline incorporates a high strength bearing mandrel that is supported over its length by the mud lubricated bearing stack composed of a series of high strength ball bearings.
Built with customized spacers allowing a precise amount of preload on the thrust stack - Series 55 drilling motor is designed to maximize bearing assembly’s capacity to handle axial loads. Tungsten carbide coated upper and lower radial bearings prevent accelerated erosion and enable the assembly to withstand higher radial loads.
Combined with NOV’s proprietary driveshaft design, which facilitates seamless torque transfer from the power section via flat faces at the pivot points – Series 55 drilling motor provides exceptional reliability and high torque handling capability.
With the short bit-to-bend feature and an option to add near bit stabilization providing exceptional build rates, stability, and steerability – Series 55 drilling motor is an ideal choice for all conventional drilling applications.
- Short bit to bend.
- Driveshaft design transfers torque via flat faces versus the traditional ball and socket driveshaft design.
- Mud-lubricated bearing technology ideal for a wider range of temperatures and mud types.
- Axial load is supported by multiple rows of bi-directional bearings.
- Provides extended operating hours.
- Fully protected flow diverter prevents accelerated erosio.
- Robust bit box catch system.
- Provides higher operating torque capability with increased reliability.
- Versatile; compatible with multiple drilling fluids.
- Ideal for higher bottom hole temperatures.
- Allows for higher WOB and radial load capacity.
- Ideal for remote locations; easily serviced.
- Hot hole
- Inverted mud systems
- Vertical drilling
- Curve drilling
- Lateral drilling
Vector Series 55RS drilling motor for rotary steerable motor assist applications
The Vector™ Series 55RS drilling motor is explicitly designed for rotary steerable system motor assist applications. The driveline incorporates a high-strength bearing mandrel and exceptional torque handling capability.