Access multiple NOV applications and services with one login.Register here Sign in
The Vector™ Series 55RS drilling motor is designed specifically for RSS motor assist applications. The driveline incorporates a bearing mandrel made of high-strength alloy steel that is designed to withstand extreme bending stresses and provide exceptional torque handling capability. The extended mud lubricated thrust stack supports the mandrel over its length and enables the bearing assembly in handling high axial loads. The assembly also features upper and extended lower radial bearing sections significantly enhancing the motor’s capacity to absorb and manage sideloading when compared to conventional designs.
Coupled with the hybrid flex shaft, which facilitates torque transfer to the bearing mandrel via. flat faces at the pivot joint on one end and with the other end connected directly to the rotor - the Series 55RS drilling motor provides superior torsional load capability and increased motor reliability. The ability to run in high temperature and varied mud system applications makes this tool robust and compatible for extended drilling hours. With a robust mandrel catch system that greatly minimizes the possibility of LIH scenario, the Series 55RS bearing pack technology encompasses all the features needed making it an ideal choice for RSS assist motor applications.
- Patented driveshaft design transfers torque via flat faces versus the traditional ball and socket driveshaft design.
- Mud-lubricated bearing technology ideal for a wider range of temperatures and mud types.
- Axial load is supported by multiple rows of bi-directional bearings.
- Provides extended operating hours.
- Fully protected flow diverter prevents accelerated erosion
- Robust bit box catch system
- Provides higher operating torque capability with increased reliability.
- Versatile; compatible with multiple drilling fluids.
- Ideal for higher bottom hole temperatures.
- Allows for higher WOB and radial load capacity.
- Ideal for remote locations; easily serviced.
- Rotary steerable motor assist
- Hot hole
- Inverted mud systems
Vector Series 55 box down drilling motor
The Vector ™ Series 55 drilling motor couples the next-generation universal joint design with a robust mud lubricated short bit-to-bend bearing pack. This design allows for higher weight and torque capabilities and the mud lubricated assembly allows for a wider range of temperatures and mud types.