VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System
Achieve higher rate of penetration, improved cuttings removal, and precise trajectory control.
The VectorZIEL RSS is an automatic steering tool for three-dimensional drilling. Offering a higher rate of penetration, improved cuttings removal, and precise trajectory control, the system helps you produce higher-quality boreholes at reduced operational costs.
We have developed and refined a full-capability RSS over the course of the past two decades, culminating in the release of the VectorZIEL system in 2017 and the VectorZIEL MARK II system in 2021. The VectorZIEL system offers reliable and precise directional control in even the most demanding drilling applications. The system is available for purchase or rent and is supported by NOV's global maintenance infrastructure, enabling directional drillers to offer high-tier directional drilling services around the world.
- Integrated measurement-while-drilling (MWD) system for real-time feedback while drilling
- Near-bit inclination, azimuth, and gamma measurements as standard, plus optional resistivity and azimuthal gamma
- Closed-loop trajectory control, which requires minimal intervention from surface
- Automated and remote downlinking using surface downlink skid
- Stick-slip and vibration-resistant steering unit
- Can be combined with our MWD and logging-while-drilling (LWD) tool portfolio for an integrated directional drilling and logging bottomhole assembly
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System-Spec Sheet
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Successfully Drills 2,200-ft in China-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Drills Entire Curve USA-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Successfully Drills 233-m China-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Successfully Drills 463-m China-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Completes Challenging S Profile Mexico-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Enable Higher Tier LWD Russia-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Drills First Well in Mexico-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Successful Run in Coal Seam Australia-Case Study
VectorZIEL 800 RSS Used in Vertical Application in Turkey-Case Study
VectorZIEL Rotary Steerable System Oklahoma Case Study
VectorZIEL 800 Rotary Steerable System Oklahoma Case Study
VectorZIEL RSS demonstrates precise directional control capabilities by successfully drilling an 1800m S-profile section in a single run Case Study
VectorZIEL RSS replaces motor BHA and precisely delivers well plan at 100% higher ROP Case Study