The VXP liner top packer was developed for high differential pressures and is ISO 14310/14998 V0 certified. It is used for additional sealing of the annular space between the liner and casing. The VXP packer is activated by means of loading through the drill pipe and the packer actuator. After setting, the packer element is held in the desired position by controlled deformation of the support rings. In addition to the internal snap ratchet, the additional external hold-down slips keep the VXP packer in position so that displacements of the packer element do not occur with high differential pressures. The packer element of the VXP packer is available in various elastomers for different well requirements.
- High differential pressure rating from below and above
- Mechanical lock to avoid premature setting while running liner
- Full-bore offers; no restrictions for subsequent tool runs
- Hardened hold-down slips
- Internal body lock ring positively locks in applied setting force
- Can be run with hydraulic set or mechanical set liner hanger
- With FKM packing element (max. 210 °C)
- ISO 14310/14998 V0 qualified with maximum differential pressure of 10,000 psi
We have specialized in geothermal technologies for more than a decade, with experience in completing wellbores in hundreds of geothermal installations for projects ranging from heating villages in small communities to highly prolific electrical generation and heating projects for farming communities, regional governments, and major international companies. We have extensively supported the geothermal industry with more than 220 successful geothermal-specific liner hanger systems and well construction installations for more than 50 customers in nine countries, proving that we understand the unique conditions and challenges for geothermal applications and regularly provide solutions to meet these needs.