The lightweight slick-cable pack-off can be rated for up to 15,000 psi working pressure (WP; for static cable) and H₂S service and is designed so that the rubber elements in direct contact with the wire can be easily replaced. It is available with full material traceability and third-party certification.
A small combination control unit can be used to operate all features. Alternatively, two hand pumps and hoses operate the packing elements while two further pumps and hoses provide lubricant.
- Temperature class: P-V -20 to 250 °F (-29 to 121 °C)
- Material class: DD, sour service
- Designed for smooth-surface jacketed (slick) cable
- 9701048319 rated to 10,000-psi WP (15,000-psi test pressure)
- 9701048644 rated to 15,000-psi WP (22,500-psi test pressure)
- Hydraulic pressure up to 10,000-psi WP
Slick-cable pack-off control module
The air-operated control unit neatly delivers all required functions in one easy-to-operate package. The unit features three air pumps—one for each function; in addition, each circuit has a hand pump in case of air failure. The unit provides pressure for each pack-off piston, and lubrication oil minimizes friction and packing wear.