XLF is a high-strength integral connector with pin and box threads machined directly into the pipe wall. This process produces the ideal connector geometry of a flush inside diameter (ID) and flush outside diameter (OD).
The XLF connector has an internal metal-to-metal pressure seal, making it an ideal choice for casing strings with pressure integrity as the primary design driver. XLF connectors are rated at 100% of pipe body strength in internal and external pressure.
XLF connectors make up in approximately three turns, the majority of which are low-torque spin-up until the wedge thread surfaces engage. Makeup torques are comparatively low and range from 30,000 to 40,000 ft-lb depending on size. XLF connectors are suitable for makeup with either power tongs or manual tongs.
XLF is XL Systems' first-generation wedge thread connector. Since 1986, it has had an excellent field service history in a wide variety of onshore and offshore casing and conductor applications. XLF connectors are manufactured in diameters of 20 in. or more.
- Flush ID and OD profile
- Internal metal seal
- Full pipe body pressure ratings
- Integral box and pin threads
- Wedge thread technology
- Ideal connector geometry—the connector takes up no more annular space than the pipe
- Reliable pressure integrity
- Connector pressure ratings match pipe body capacity
- Cost-effective design eliminates large-diameter forgings and welding costs
- Easy spin-up, high torque capacity, and excellent resistance to anti-rotation